jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can I do this on Hubpages?

1. Wmod514 profile image62
    Wmod514posted 5 years ago

Received an e-mail from a company called Oxamedia...they like ly page and want to run international ads on it. Has anyone heard of them? and can I do this?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No it can't be done because this is not your site.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I'm not exactly sure how that would work, considering Hubs are articles and the ads that are already placed on them come from your association with HP and Google Adsense. hmm

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

x

3. Wmod514 profile image62
    Wmod514posted 5 years ago

Does that mean no?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I said I'm not sure. Hub Pages(articles) are suppose to be informational or sales for the already existing affiliate programs. Since this company is not part of that, then I would have to say no.

4. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

There isn't a way for you to place their ads on the page, but maybe the company could contact HP and run an ad capsule through the Hubpages Ad program on the category your hub is under...

1. Wmod514 profile image62
      Wmod514posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's what I was thinking Leahlefler...thank you..

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Never heard of them, to be honest, but they will almost certainly be a company who require you to add their coding in to the script of your website or blog. That is not possible on Hub Pages, so far as I am aware.

Even if you are considering it on a blog or independently hosted website, I would strongly recommend you get a lot more info on them before you even consider it. You are technically giving their bots/spiders/whatever you want to call them, authorised access to your domain or subdomain. Have heard a few related horror stories in the past (though not in relation to this particular organisation.)

There are many who have an axe to grind against the more established providers of these services but at least - if nothing else - you know they are reputable in the sense that they are not going to rip you off...

Good luck but please be cautious! smile

working