jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Genuine Mistake- Simple Question.

1. nasake profile image59
    nasakeposted 4 years ago

I read a hub written by a 90+ point hubber, and one of the suggestion on there was to use a site called TraffUP for increasing traffic. Without even thinking to check, i registered over there and placed up my links, which seemed brilliant.

Within minutes I had increased traffic and every thing was going fine!

This afternoon I refreshed my accounts page to be met with violations, and it referred to traffic violation.

I asked why this could be and a hubpages staff member confirmed that it was TraffUP that was the violation, so I have instantly removed all of my links from that site entirely!

The problem I have now is that the hubpages staff member closed my question for more responses, so I couldn't reply saying that I have removed the violations.

Will this automatically be noticed? or will my hubs be removed etc? My account banned? Literally I have used the site for less than 24 hours and have removed it, it would be a huge shame to loose all I have done/ everyone I have met on hubpages since my arrival.

1. Rob Winters profile image77
      Rob Wintersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes nasake, it will be automatically noticed and the violation removed after you cease to recieve traffic from this source for a couple of days.No need to worry  - you won't lose anything bar the Traffup traffic. I made the same mistake a number of months back after seeing Traffup recommended by a number of established hubbers and didn't realise it was a violation to use this source - in fact at the time i don't think it was as it was a couple of months before i received the violation warnings.

BTW in my experience whilst you could get quick and high volumes of traffic from Traffup it did not appear to be good quality traffic as i believe most of the visits tended to come from people just clicking on your links to get points so their own links will get clicks - so no great loss.

2. galleryofgrace profile image80
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The hub that suggested you use traffup should be flagged so it can be revised to tell people not to use it on hub pages.

2. nasake profile image59
    nasakeposted 4 years ago via iphone

No I'm not necessarily bothered about the traffic, just my hubs and the community. I am trying to build up an online presence, so I guess it would be better to have traffic that cares smile

1. 0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for bringing this up!