jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Photo Credits

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Here's a puzzle...
      I've found a photo that is freaking perfect for my new article.  It is, however, on Photobucket, and appears as one of a collection by several different photographers.

HOWever, there is NO information on license, copyright, use restrictions, or anything else along those lines.

There ARE share links, though--codes for sharing to Twitter, Facebook, via e-mail and embed.  Do those links, in and of themselves, lacking any posted restrictions on use imply or create a de facto 'permission to use' ??

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't use it. You have no idea what copyright it has. People just take pictures off the web and put them on Photobucket.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah--ok.. Well, phooey!  The images I'm seeking are hard to find--Google brings up unrelated stuff first.....
      However, better safe than sorry....  back to square one.  Thanks for the reply.

3. HikeGuy profile image85
    HikeGuyposted 5 years ago

Sorry for your disappointment. This Creative Commons search can save time and frustration: http://search.creativecommons.org/

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for that link.  I was looking for it, and couldn't get it to come up.   Or at least the 'creative commons' on Flickr wouldn't show up...

working