Attn: HP Team - Regarding potential problem

1. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 4 years ago

Of late, I've noticed at least two HP members (maybe more) reporting having their AdSense accounts banned - they've mentioned this here in the forums. Of course, there may be many factors at play behind their accounts having been banned by AdSense. However, I checked some of the hubs of one of the users who reported having his/her account banned and noticed that he/she had captions asking users to rate up a hub - at the end of each hub. This is the forum thread of one of the affected users and you can check up what I am talking about if you visit one of this user's hubs.

Now, I do not encourage visitors to rate up any of my hubs personally. However, even if you did, that shouldn't be a problem in the normal course. However, since the new AdSense Custom ads now display just above the rate up buttons, some hubbers may be in serious trouble - if indeed Google AdSense is seeing that as encouraging clicks instead of encouraging visitors to rate up their hubs.

Personally, I am particularly concerned about having any of my referrals use captions or text encouraging users to vote up a hub. Since my AdSense code would show up on part of the views of my referrals, my account could be at risk too - even though I wouldn't have done anything personally on my hubs that could be construed as encouraging clicks by GA.

Is it possible to have the Adsense custom ads integrated within the body or placed in another location? Alternatively, hubbers may be made aware of this potential problem so they can remove such text or captions. However, I'd think that this would be extremely time consuming for users who have this kind of links/captions across most of their hubs.

This is as an FYI for the HP staff! Please do look in this, if indeed Google would view this kind of situation adversely and potentially ban accounts??

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It's already being discussed here: