jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Address bar has the address of different hub. How did that happen?

1. 0
    Hubertsvoiceposted 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me why the address bar on my hub How Will I Make My Marriage Last says How to make money with your thoughts and ideas yet you still wind up on the marriage hub?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you start writing a hub on making money, change your mind and the title and write on marriage instead?

When you change the title the URL (address bar) doesn't change - you can never change that.

It does look odd - I would think about re-writing the entire thing with a proper URL and copy it over, deleting the one you have.

1. 0
        Hubertsvoiceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you wilderness. that really looked weird when I tried to optimize the story.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah - it's going to be a little tough to optimize it properly with that URL.

Have you figured out how it happened?  If it's not what I mentioned (or something similar) then there could be a real problem with HP that needs to be addressed.

1. 0

I did use an orphaned hub to write the new hub. That is probably how it happened. Thank you again for the advice.

2. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I was worried then, that some kinda of phishing was going on with HP accounts!

1. 0

No, probably not. It only happened once. If it happens again, then I'll worry. Thanks

3. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I did the same thing when I first started writing: I titled my Hub, and the URL was created, then I changed my mind and retitled it, so I was stuck with the original URL.  You do get a warning that the URL cannot be changed.  If that happens again, I will unpublish, and start all over again.

1. 0

Thank you. I don't feel like I'm the only one who has encountered this.

1. mary615 profile image94
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No mistake has ever happened to others that I haven't done at one time or another.  I'm famous for my mistakes!  I do try and learn from them, though.

1. 0

I suppose that's all we can do is learn from them.

4. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

The URL is the only part of a hub that can never be changed after it's created.

Why? Simply because any links created to that URL will become invalid if you change the URL, meaning that even the change of a single letter might lose you hundreds of backlinks if it's a popular hub that many people link to.

1. 0

That would be an incentive to pay attention to what a person is doing while they are doing it.

working