jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Brain Freeze!

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

After writing a 20,000 words short story, another 9500 words short story, several articles and taking on several clients all in one month I have a brain freeze. It is not quite a writers block.

I was finishing a 3000 words story for a client this morning when a I realized it. The story was moving along fine but I was trying to express something in the story but my brain froze, after hitting my head (gently of course) several time and arggg-ing and mmmm-ing, I still have not remembered. I need to publish a new hub but nothing. I think my brain is tired!

I need ideas!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm you could write about over working :p

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you call 20k short?? That's about 30-40 pages isn't it. In terms of printed text I agree that's short. But for e-books its huge.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well Novelettes and Novellas are also short stories as they haven't really made a significant mark as full fledged stories yet, but in terms of technicality anything under 7500  is a short story but publishers still refer to anything under 40,000 words as a short story.

2. jfay2011 profile image59
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I get brain freeze sometimes.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

think you should give it a rest. It maybe telling you something. Recharge the batteries. Wait for the muse. Maybe need to change course. Maybe a reason. Maybe I am all wet.

Maybe I do need to rest but I am addicted to writing, I feel helpless is I can't

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Cardisa, go to the kitchen sink, run the hot water for a little bit, put your head under it for a few seconds, then sit down and have a cup tea/coffee(your choice) and relax. tongue It seems as though you're pushing yourself.

The kitchen sink idea is hilarious lol Cagsil, I htink I'll have the tea instead tongue

2. jfay2011 profile image59
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tea is great and so is orange juice

I had a cup of sour sop leaves and feel much more relaxed.

Cagsil, were you serious about the kitchen sink thing....thought you were joking.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're feeling more relaxed you could always put some calming, chill out music on as well. Let the mind just wander for a while.

Thanks Hollie smile

working