jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

will it affect my hubscore

1. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

one of my hubs has been copied word for word on another site, at this moment in time hubpages are clamping down on duplicate content hubs, will my hubscore be lowered because of someone copying my hub.

thanks in advance......jimmy

2. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

That's quite interesting - the text is a straight lift, without your graphics, but it's not so much a theft as an assumption of permission, because there is no attempt to claim originality. It is clearly credited to you.

Are you inclined to ask them to remove it, or to leave it there, on the old adage - all publicity is good publicity?

I had the same thing happen to a short story of mine which was lifted complete from one of my blogs and appeared verbatim on squiddoo.

The price of fame, mate!

3. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

The number of duplicates must reach above a certain threshold before the duplicate penalty kicks in. I just took a look at there are no duplicates being registered yet, Jimmy.

If your Hub's content continues to be copied and the dupe checker does assign a penalty (you'll know because it will say so in the top notification pane), then let us know and we can issue an override, since we are 100% certain you are the owner.

However, it is in your best interest to make sure that copies don't start stealing your search traffic, so I'd contact the site owner and request them to remove the copy since it was copied without your permission.

- Jason

1. jimmythejock profile image81
      jimmythejockposted 9 years ago in reply to this

that site page  has had more hits than my hub has lol, but i have left a comment because i cannot find a contact us page on the site.....jimmy

4. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Hi Jimmy -

Another alternative is to contact the search engines - presumably Google & Yahoo - and ask them to remove their results from the search rankings. Unfortunately Google's DMCA complaint must be faxed or (snail) mailed, but Yahoo's can be emailed.

Might not be worth the trouble unless you have significant traffic to a Hub that's being challenged by a copy on another high-traffic site.

- Jason

5. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Here's the whois info for the domain:

Domain Name: SUPER-WAYS.COM

Domain Admin (contact@privacyprotect.org)
    P.O. Box 65
    All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
    null,2680 AB
    Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 17-Apr-2007
    Expiration Date: 17-Apr-2008

Domain servers in listed order:

Given that the domain name server is in Russia... well they're probably not going to care about your copyright ownership.

Contacting the hosting company would have been an option, but not in this case.

6. jimmythejock profile image81

I must admit ,that I am surprised and shocked lol , after I left a comment in the posting the moderators have removed the page thanks everyone for the help.........jimmy

7. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Well that was easy! smile

8. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

how do you find out that your work has be plagarised? A google search for an exact phrase that you know is yours ?

1. 0
      Lisa Bargerposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That'll work as long as the pages are indexed but often they aren't. You could also use something like Copyscape.

I definitely agree about contacting Google and other search engines.  In my experience, Google has been really good about addressing issues like this.  A "we're yanking your AdSense privileges due to plagiarism" might just be a handy wake-up call for them. wink

9. jimmythejock profile image81

hi lissie, i found it by searching the web for my hub title.....jimmy

10. matryx profile image83
    matryxposted 8 years ago

Hi Lissie

I have had three of my pages copied in the last six months and with devastating affects in Google, meaning the pages were removed from the index.

How did I discover this was happening? I was fooling about with a site called copyscape and typed in a few of my urls that had seemed to decline in the search engines and found that my pages had been copied. In one case the whole site had been downloaded and re-uploaded as there own.

Two of these webmasters removed the page as soon as I had emailed them the third however told me to go to hell... I have emailed all the details of this site to Google not sure if anything will happen but there TOS cliams that they take these things seriously we can only wait and see.