jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

This looks silly

1. 2uesday profile image86
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Why in writing topics do the featured hubs appear with every word starting with a uppercase letter? It make is look as if the writers have written that way, but that is not the way they appear in the original hubs.

http://hubpages.com/topics/books-litera … riting/631

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't follow you.  Each word in the title is capitalized, but if I visit the hub it is that way, too.  Going into the hub does not show every in upper case - just those in the title.

2. 2uesday profile image86

Hi wilderness, it is not the title (in blue ) on the topic page that I dislike it is the (black text) quote from the hub being capitalized.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK, I see it.  It appears to be the summary, but google doesn't print it that way in a search.  You're right - it looks funny that way on HP.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

In the gray box, I see it too.

4. 2uesday profile image86

Thank you wilderness and psycheskinner it is reassuring to know you can see what I mean.

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

2uesday, I've always wondered this as well. I thought it was maybe a software issue but never thought to query it before. Hopefully, someone who knows will spot this thread and we will have an answer soon... smile

6. 2uesday profile image86

Hello Gordon, when I first saw it I thought it was just on one Hub then I noticed they were all like it. You are probably right about the software issue, I do n't really understand how that works.

7. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I have noticed this as well and have thought it was strange for a while. Thanks for mentioning it. I was too shy to mention it. tongue

8. 2uesday profile image86

Is it like this for a reason?

I am curious, as it looks especially out of step in the writing topic section. To have every word in the quote starting with a capital letter looks like we are writing it that way.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread.  I've let our engineers know and will keep you updated!  Cheers!  big_smile

2. 2uesday profile image86

Thank you Robin that is good to know.

working