jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Violation that Doesn't Exist

1. Christine S profile image60
    Christine Sposted 4 years ago

I am being told that I have a violation, "to many promotional links" But on reading the information given I understand that I am allowed 2 links to the same domain, which is all I have. All other links are to other peoples hubs. How can I get someone to look at this and fix it.

My hub is http://christine-s.hubpages.com/hub/Fan … -Costumes, but apparently it isn't published and only I can see it.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Christine, looking at your other hubs.,... have you been linking to the same site in all your hubs?? If that is true, it is overly promotional..
      Question master is right, you have to check the overly promotional guidelines and edit your hub.. maybe a quick edit on your other hubs will save you a lot of heart ache.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Overly promotional means ANY outgoing links, in link module or embedded.

However, HP staff has been known once in a while to mistake an RSS capsule for a link capsule. RSS apparently counts as 1.5, but if it's counted as a link capsule it counts as 3-5 or whatever the number you set it as.   (It happened to me once)   To fix that you'll have to write to the HP team and ask them how did they count it, and if they did make this mistake, let them know.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Make sure you've carefully read the overly promotional guidelines here - http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

There are other reasons than two outgoing links to one domain.

If you still think you're in the clear, you can email team@hubpages.com

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If all your hubs have 2 links to the same place, eventually that will get flagged as too promotional.