jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

How do you decide who to follow?

1. debbie roberts profile image90
    debbie robertsposted 5 years ago

I'm relatively new to HubPages and would like to know how other Hubbers approach to following fellow Hubbers. At the moment I tend only to follow people whose work I've browsed through and I find of interest, is this the right approach or will I hinder my progress on HubPages?

1. Nexusx2 profile image60
      Nexusx2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would say that your on the right track. If you write great articles then people will follow you. Its only right to follow them back. I don't have that many followers or a great hub score for that mater. So I don't get that many followers. But again, If your active and can produce great hubs, im sure followers will come to you.

debbie robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would only want someone to follow me if they genuinely enjoyed what I wrote. So I suppose it works both ways.

2. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

I tend to follow anyone:

a) Whose work I enjoy.
    b) Who I think has potential (I love seeing how hubbers slowly progress).
    c) Whose advice I value.
    d) Who I learn from consistently (there are more than I'd care to admit).
    e) Who make me think or laugh.

I'm pretty liberal with my following code, basically anyone I wouldn't mind hearing from again.

I like your guidelines. I think that to follow someone their hubs should make you laugh, learn something, get you thinking or that you enjoy reading, other wise what's the point?
      Thanks.

1. diogenes profile image82
        diogenesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I presume you mean who should the questioner chose to follow?  This is actually a very pertinant subject, because indiscriminate following or being followed can end up with the hubber mired in emails and comments  he/she spends more time dealing with than writing!  At first, we follow and are followed by anything.  I only follow seasoned hubbers now and wish unseasoned writers wouldn't follow me, either.  And, of course, some of us fall into the trap of following those with sexy profile pics!  Hope that's not you...Diogenes

I like your honesty and I've not thought of using sexy profile pictures as a way of judging peoples writing...Proof of the sad world we live in ....To be honest I think the profile pictures of people attempting to come across as sexy are quite amusing
          I was more concerned that my choosiness would come across as a lack of interest in others works, although I do take time to read the hubs of people I do not follow.

1. mary615 profile image93
            mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I follow peope that I have things in common with, I know from reading their profile. I like to follow those Hubbers who I feel I can learn from and whose writings I admire.  That way, when they write a new Hub, I can get right on it and read it!

2. mary615 profile image93
          mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gee, diogones, hope my profile photos is not too sexy! 9 (giggle, giggle)big_smile

3. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

whomever sends my $5 via Paypal

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

You and I really do think alike. I find that somewhat frightening. big_smile

I'll do it for $4.95.

4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I have no particular criteria that needs to be met. I choose to follow not solely based on anything. Meaning, it varies. wink

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Same here. Plus, I'll do mercy follows. But they will have to remain active for me to stick.

5. aware profile image71
    awareposted 5 years ago

someone follows me i look at their recent activity .    if they  are  on a follow  bender .  im not  a fan

working