jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Falling CPM

1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 5 years ago

Has anyone else found that their CPM on Hub Ads is falling.  My views have been slowly rising and my CPM has been slowly falling.  So although I'm getting more quality views I'm actually earning less money.  When we had the change earlier in the month I was very happy with my CPM, now it's starting to head back to where it was. 

Anyone else seeing something similar?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yup dropped to 50% of what it was when i began

Ok a small correction now andy - yesterday it jumped 200% wow, its a nice amount not some small pennys per click now. Its round about 6 or so

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well that's more than double what I'm getting.  I wish we knew how the CPM is calculated so we could do something to make it go up.

My average was about 3 for the month..
            Hope it manages to stay at 6 that would be great.
            Ya I would love to know the way CPM is  caluclated.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I've found that mine is varying quite a bit day to day this month.  It had dropped some last week, but then jumped right back up yesterday.  It could well fall again today.

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suppose it's a bit like what we used to have on Adsense, good days and bad days.  Just seem to be having more bad days recently.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it is.  Advertisers come and go, and what they are willing to pay goes up and down.  With impression based ads I expect we'll see quite a drop after New Years and advertising budgets go down.

3. itech profile image55
    itechposted 5 years ago

Mine too from last 2-3 days ... 50% drop... If this will continue... I will switch back to adsense after reaching payout (on 4th november tongue)....

4. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

My CPM is holding at $4.00-$4.50, which is not too bad, but the 50% drop in traffic also meant a huge drop in earnings.

5. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I was just going to post a thread about this! lol

My traffic is a lot higher last few days, but my CPM is much lower than it was earlier in the month. I think this might be because advertisers bid less money at the end of the month because they already spent a lot. I could be wrong, wish I knew for sure.

It seems like every time my traffic is higher, my CPM is low. And every time my traffic is lower, the CPM is high. What irony! hmm Basically, I end up making the same. To make more, I would need both to be high.

This is what happens to me as well. I guess it depends on quality visits. The longer the visit the higher CPM?
      I'm just guessing not sure. Because more views can mean more bounces as well.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I am getting far less for more traffic on here than other sites with less traffic..G may not like us yet...sad

working