jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Roll Over Ads - and fraudlent clicks!

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I actually am a fan of Roll Over Ads as they give me the choice whether I want to see the Ad or not - however, a couple of times as I am reading comments on my own Hubs, I've scrolled up and 'rolled over' an Ad.

This greatly concerns me as it can be seen as fraudulent clicking.

What are the consquences and can anything be done to stop me accidently rolling over Ads on my own hubs? (perhaps disabling Ads when I am logged in and viewing my own hub?)!

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Thank you for posting about this. As I thought it was just me being clumsy as I went to edited a hub the other day and an Ad. started up. It is difficult to know how this will be seen if it happens frequently, but even the once worried me when it happened.

1. WannaB Writer profile image93
      WannaB Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's not just you. It's driving me nuts. I go to reply to comments and leave the page without closing it to go to another tab. All of a sudden one of the ad videos begins blaring at me and I don't even know where it's coming from and have to find the last hub I was on and close it. I wonder if this is Google's way of tricking us so it can close our accounts. I was beginning to wonder if this automatically starts playing even if we don't click, and if this hurts us with adsense.

3. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 4 years ago

Use AdBlock.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I doubt a rollover counts as a click but would love it if staff could confirm?

5. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ad clicks only log up after 15 seconds, maybe I am wrong, but if you click out quickly it shouldn't be a problem, I think we have all done this, especially on the ads at the bottom of the page, as its near the comment box.

6. theherbivorehippi profile image84
    theherbivorehippiposted 4 years ago

Have you noticed the ads with the Google +1 in the bottom corner? I started noticing them on one of my websites the other day on a beanbag furniture company ad. I'm surprised that these types of ads are even being allowed because they're encouraging a click. I was actually a little nervous when I saw it.