jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Deleted Comments

1. emrldphx profile image60
    emrldphxposted 5 years ago

I'm just wondering, how many of you have commented on a hub, only to have your comment(which shows by default) removed by the author?

I find it funny when people encourage criticism in their hub, but delete any criticism they can't refute.(talking about scientific/religious 'proof' types of hubs).

I guess it looks good if there are no unanswered questions in the comment section...

/end rant

Have a great day everyone!

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Comments are governed by hub author. Yes, the default setting is set to allow the comments to appear, but not all authors use that setting. The other setting is must be approved before it reaches the hub, which either the author approves or deletes, but holds until the author makes such a decision.
      Author's choice.
      I wouldn't know about that.

2. fatfist profile image84
      fatfistposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If somebody has come in a hub to troll after repeated requests to answer questions, then it is advised to delete their comments. Once the troller behaves and talks rationally, his comments should be allowed. It is unethical to delete comments when someone is not trolling.

emrldphxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You claim I was trolling, yet you are the one who started using personal insults and demeaning remarks.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about using the definition of the word as the meaning of the word.

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

I let them all still unless of course it is spam and contains an odd link.smile

emrldphxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that's the best method, but to each their own, right? big_smile

working