jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone accidentally clicked on Adsense advertisement before?

1. bangingbeauty profile image61
    bangingbeautyposted 4 years ago

I am a writer and has a few sites that I write on. I enabled Google Adsense on all my sites. Last week, when I was checking out my sites, I might have accidentally clicked on one of the advertisements. I panicked and immediately closed the window that popped up.

Anyone has the same experience before? My Adsense account is still active, fingers crossed.

1. debbie roberts profile image91
      debbie robertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did it by accident when I first signed up and exactly did what you did. Panicked and closed the window. I don't believe it caused any problems, as Questions master pointed out. Accidental clicks happen and google are aware of it.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

From Google Adsense:

Although publishers are not permitted to click on their own ads for any reason, we do understand that accidental clicks may occur. We therefore don't require that you contact us every time you click on your ads. Rest assured that your account is being properly credited for all clicks and impressions we consider to be valid.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … AeeW2fg#q1

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

It's happened to me a few times, and each time Google have ignored the click, they probably work it out by comparing IP addresses etc?

4. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

The thing I'm most concerned about are those dumb videos imbedded in Hubs that are ads.  If you aren't careful of your mouse, you will make it play! I've done that a couple of times, and that's scarey.

5. bangingbeauty profile image61
    bangingbeautyposted 4 years ago

That's good to know that Google does ignore accidental clicks that come from ourselves. I have heard before many stories from fellow writers about having their Adsense accounts closed and was afraid I would be next.

Thanks for the clarification QuestionMaster and the rest for sharing.

Cheers, BB