jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

are you +1 ing?

1. annmackiemiller profile image84
    annmackiemillerposted 4 years ago

Hubpages votes up etc are wonderful, great even and I just love it when people take the time to tick the boxes but are you also giving hubs you like a +1, ticking the Facebook and Tweet buttons?  I found out that they count a lot with google and other search engines for visibility of your work = more money earning capacity.  Apparently though, they don't count if you do it for yourself - google is watching!  So personally for now on I will take the extra few seconds it takes to do all those 3 things for the Hubs I like in the hope it helps boost them.
    Cheers Annie

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed that my popular hubs get the facebook likes and the tweets (lost so many when we moved to subdomains but they are creeping back up)  but they rarely get any google love, does anyone outside of the online writing community know what it is - I just asked my family who are always on line, they all know about facebook and tweeting but G+1... "whats that?"

2. 62
      ravihomeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you give me more information about the +1ing???? because i have no idea about this....

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

If I read a hub that I like I tweet, stumble, +1 etc, but I'm not so sure many other readers do.  Like LeanMan says outside the internet community most people don't understand these buttons or use them.

I think that it would be great, however, if hubbers made more effort to promote the work of other hubbers that they admire.  Quotations has started a subreddit purely for hubbers called TheHubHub - go and check it out

3. annmackiemiller profile image84
    annmackiemillerposted 4 years ago

I'm not really up to date on google +1 but the word is that it is going to rival facebook and there is talk about having a business section. someone must have written a hub about it