Moving from Blog to Hubpages?

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 4 years ago

I'm thinking of moving my 'articles' from my blog to Hubpages. How do I go about that?  Do I have to unpublish them on blogger for a time first?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Bailey,

Yes, you must remove them from your blog if you're going to use the exact same article. My suggestion is to not remove them from your blog, but to write a similar article about the same topic on Hubpages. Do not use the exact same article, because it will get flagged as duplicate content.

You should be able to write a newer article on Hubpages on the same topic with other words. But, if you want to delete the article from your blog and post it on Hubpages then you will have to delete the article from your blog and wait a while(est. 7 days or sometimes 2 weeks) before posting on Hubpages. It depends on how long Google takes to de-index the blog post from search engines.

If your blog post was picked up by other search engines also, then you could have a lot of time to wait for them to be completely de-indexed from the web. Hubpages search all the web for duplicate content and if your article is anywhere, then it will be flagged as duplicate. Which is why I suggest writing a similar article on the same topic.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly.  Don't even try to re-write or spin blog articles.  Just do brand new articles on topics.

I took an old article that is published elsewhere, rewrote it, not spun, and ran it through copyscape.  It still showed up, and showed me exactly where article had been published.