HubPageWriMo - 100 Hubs in 30 Days

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (37 posts)
  1. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 12 years ago

I am doing something I'm calling HubPageWriMo where I'll be writing 100 hubs in 30 days.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to my journey here in the forums, so if you want to follow my journey just search my hubs for HubPageWriMo

If anyone else is going to be doing this for the month of November, let me know and I'll mention you in my hub.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ummm can I do the reverse version - 30 hubs in 100 days! Good luck!

2. DonnaCosmato profile image87
      DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I'm in awe! I can't imagine doing this, but you have my wholehearted support and encouragement in your quest.

3. Kris Heeter profile image72
      Kris Heeterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll be a virtual cheerleader too!  Looking forward to seeing them!

4. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm working on it, MelBel! But the best I can do is about 60 hubs on a month, if they're going to be of any quality. I will be one of your boosters, though. Cheers!

5. Millionaire Tips profile image92
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have finished the first week of the challenge, and have posted my results here:

<link snipped>

I am slightly behind, but will be able to catch up soon.

1. profile image49
        Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I do 101 hubs in 31 days is that one better?

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mel, there was a 100 Hubs in 30 Day Challenge some time ago on HubPages.   It caused the worst trouble there has ever been on HubPages - many wonderful writers left as a result.  The mere thought of it makes me quake in my boots.

The trouble is, you may be able to write 100 Hubs in that time and maintain quality, but most people can't.  The result was a big drop in quality from normally good Hubbers.  A lot of newbies also joined in and wrote 100 rubbish Hubs because they hadn't learned how to write one properly.  There was an enormous amount of angst on the forums.

That's why the 30 Hubs in 30 Day Challenge came about - because it's manageable for all, but still a challenge for many.

So I wish you well in your own efforts but I hope this doesn't get too much publicity.

6. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years ago
    7. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

100 in 30 days is tough.  We had quite a few people try it a few years ago.  30 in 30 is more reasonable and many of us did that regularly for awhile.

Good luck to you!

8. Millionaire Tips profile image92
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years ago

Count me in!  I'll try to do 100 hubs in 30 days. I've already done 30 hubs in 27 days, and need the challenge.

1. DonnaCosmato profile image87

Good luck to one and all who take up this 100/30 challenge! I admire all of you and wish you much success smile

1. ytsenoh profile image62
          ytsenohposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a great challenge.  I'm almost there and have been a part of the HP for awhile.  I've been writing every single night since August.  Good Luck!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92

Thank you Donna! I am about to start day one.

1. DonnaCosmato profile image87

Consider me your virtual cheerleader...you can do it!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92

Thanks Donna.

9. Dale Nelson profile image38
      Dale Nelsonposted 12 years ago

You can do it MelBel.

Best of luck.

10. profile image55
      penguinbuddy3posted 12 years ago

no way its better to not even try tongue

11. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

No possible way to generate anything even remotely resembling quality on that scale in that period of time.

Yes, in a plausible universe, some amazing genius who needs no sleep and types 1,000 words a minute could do it, but, in that same universe about 48.7% of all current NFL cheerleaders would also want to come do dirty things to me, and, even more amazingly, my wife doesn't even care and, rather, actually throws herself on the pile of them, adding to the fun. Now, while that is an amazing plausible universe that I love in concept, I have to say, it's a very unlikely one.

melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily. For example, in the last 48 hours hubber Kathryn Vercillo has published 7 hubs. If she were to continue at that pace, she would have slightly more than 100 hubs in a 30 day period. Her quality has always been top notch. tongue

She currently has 1120 hubs and a hub score of 100.

12. Thelma Alberts profile image91
      Thelma Albertsposted 12 years ago

Good luck. That,s very top but you have my moral support. Go for it melbel. I am looking forward to reading them slowly but surely.

13. Millionaire Tips profile image92

It is possible to produce three quality hubs a day.  Most people say it takes about twenty minutes to write one hub.  It takes me longer than that, but I can surely produce three quality hubs in eight hours. I am finding that the more I do, the easier it becomes, as I become familiar with the process of planning a hub, and get faster at making decisions about what photos to include, etc.

Totally agree with you on that! If you haven't hubbed in a while, it takes a lot of resources to get focused and it takes a while to get everything together. However, when I'm writing a lot of them, I'm on a roll! I just have to keep going!

Right now, it looks like I'm about 25 hubs behind my target, but I've actually got a mass publishing about 30 hubs coming sometime this week when I get all the photos and everything together. In the meantime, I'm writing more hubs. smile So I SHOULD finish on target. smile

1. tarajeyaram profile image59
          tarajeyaramposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can do it Melbel!  You already have lots of excellent hubs.  Like Millionaire Tips said, if you do 3 quality hubs per day - you will get to your target!  Gook luck.  You have my support.

14. profile image0
      icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

100 hubs in 30 days. Goodness, that will take an awful lot of commitment. I'm rooting for you smile.

Thank you.

15. Millionaire Tips profile image92

I finished this challenge.  My final results are posted here:

http://millionairetips.hubpages.com/hub … -Challenge

I wish anyone else who thinks about doing this challenge the best of luck.  It is a difficult stretch, but a do-able one.

16. Vicente Zeldana profile image60
      Vicente Zeldanaposted 12 years ago

I think this is a neat challenge and I plan on trying it out soon, probably in January. I am a very new hubber so I would like to learn some of the basics before I try this challenge. I think after all, the most important thing is quality of the hubs, then quantity. For example, I just wrote my first hub yesterday, then today I decided to reread it, made a few minor changes to the content, but then I reformatted the whole thing to look much nicer. Perhaps these processes become automatic to the veteran, but I think some professionalism is nice regardless whether posting hubs is just a hobby or a job. It is always possible to just pump out more and more content, but then we wouldn't give ourselves the time to go back and refine our current work. I wish all the best on this challenge should they choose to accept it smile

I agree with you Vicente, that it is best to get comfortable with HubPages and write a few hubs for practice before joining a challenge, especially one as extreme as this one.

17. profile image50
      doooooooommposted 12 years ago

about 3 hubs a day wow. Theres no way i could pull taht off. good luck

18. Swetankraj profile image60
      Swetankrajposted 12 years ago

Great! Its a good work to test yourself. I do and will be trying to follow your challenge and all the best for completing the challenge that you had taken.

19. savanahl profile image67
      savanahlposted 12 years ago

Wow! I'll be cheering you on. Good Luck!

20. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I would be up for a challenge, perhaps 50 hubs is a more realistic goal for me since my other online work is quite demanding with web design

21. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Yes actually I agree with Marisa, 30 is more manageable to maintain quality. I think Mel wrote this a while back if you look at the first thread post.

I actually don't like publishing more than 1 a day

Then again we can't be too prudish about how one defines the quality of a hub.

22. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 12 years ago

This is an old thread, I'm surprised that it was recently resurfaced.

I failed at it in that I didn't get all the hubs done that I wanted, but I got a ton of awesome ideas. Unfortunately, it did kind of burn me out a bit. I don't recommend it, but I do recommend the 30 hubs in 30 days. tongue

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the thing about challenges - even if you fail, you often get more done than if you hadn't tried.  I'm sorry I didn't pay more attention to the date before responding!

No worries! Thanks for your awesome comments. smile It was definitely a lot of fun. While impossible, I'd like to try it again. tongue Maybe something better like 30/30, though. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)