jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs with promotional links

1. ponx profile image90
    ponxposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

I got a message that one of my hubs contained promotional links when in fact it did not contain any! And it would not let me re-submit the hub for publication until I deleted the entire links capsule! This is absurd. The links I had were in no way promotional, they were to legitimate sites like the American Diabetes Association and similar. So anyway, I did delete the entire links capsule and submitted it for publication again because that was my only option.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What the violation probably means is that your hub is too promotional. Which means that it has too many links for the amount of content you have. When you post links in your hubs you need to make sure that there are at least fifty words for every link. Reduce the amount of links or add more content and you should be fine.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

"Commercial" links is the criterion. If an association collects donations on its website, the link may be considered commercial. HubPages does maintain a white-list of domains that are exempt, and it is possible to request a manual review as well.

1. jfay2011 profile image61
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

So far I have just been adding links to my other hubs.  Thats okay right?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can link to your own hubs and others' hubs without restriction. External sites, the links have to be relevant and no more than 2 links to the same site per hub.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ponx may have more than one links hence hub over promotional.

Maybe she should ask for specifics by staff.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can have as many links per hub as you want, as long as they are relevant, and no more than 2 links to the same domain.

Ponx just seems not to have understood what a "commercial" link means.

working