Hubber copying from internet articles

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

This hubber , listed as "Sara Algoe",  has posted 34 hubs in the last 7 days. I have tagged at least 4 of them as being copied from other sources  on the net. Some of them come from sites where people can access term papers.
    Would anyone else like to confirm this. I have put the URL in on the flag posts  the last one about internet predators was copied from:
    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7836/predator.html

2. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Color me disappointed.  Also silly.  I enjoyed those Hubs!

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

The one's I read were good, but copied.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

I hate that! -- It takes time to do things the right way and then some just copy.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

Unfortunately, as we've said before, we cannot remove content simply for being duplicate, though it does incur a hefty score penalty.  To take action, I either need to receive a DMCA complaint, or the hub has to be both duplicate and have outbound links.

6. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Understood, Maddie.  And rightly so.

But a bit of social pressure from the community -- judiciously applied to the cut 'n' paste crowd -- couldn't hurt.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you 100%.  I'm just as frustrated by it as the rest of you.

7. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

You know what really frustrates me is the illegal copies of my work.  I almost never can get them taken down because I need to file  a DMCA complaint - I am not sure what that is but it involves faxing someone in California - its not going to happen because I haven't had a fax machine for a decade: and I don't have the 5 minutes it would take!
    I do report copies to google if they are stupid enough to be running Adsense but usually they also want the fax ! I don't need a fax to open a paypal accont or bankaccount why to say that' my work and I ddin't give permission and this is where it was published first and heres the date!

8. WHoArtNow profile image81
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

If you have a DMCA complaint, do a DMCA take down notice by email. I've had to do one or two over the last few months and found some tips to help you write it at

http://www.ehow.com/how_2272629_make-dm … otice.html

(not affiliated to me in anyway)

9. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

"Dcompany" is doing the same thing and copying a large number of articles off Australian health websites.

1. WHoArtNow profile image81
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That sucks!

10. profile image0
    Qwijeboposted 15 years ago

It's all about getting those clicks for adsense. Everyone's doing it, but you can only do so much. I've had plenty of posts in the past plagiarized. It's basically a trick to garner as much revenue from blogs as they can get.

11. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well, all is just and right, but there are legitimate cases when people post their own work in several places. What exactly make you thinking it is not the case here? What about presumption of innocence, until proven otherwise? smile

12. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Misha the sites hes copying from are official .gov Australian sites - he doesnt own the copywrite but is assuming that the Victorian govt probably won't presue him As he has no out going links hes not against HP TOS either

13. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Lissie, I thought we are still talking about this Sara, at least in part. I don't like what she posts by the way. She became my fan, I looked at a couple of her hubs and did not reciprocate - not a single original idea, only parroting well known misconceptions...

As for the guy you are mentioning - there is a remote possibility he might be a government employee doing his job - but I agree, it is pretty remote, really big_smile

14. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

He might be and I was not going to report him.  I just thought it was odd yesterday when I left a comment on his hubs asking about why these were word for word the same as several Australian websites, and he immediately deleted my comment.  I only noticed his hubs by the way when I got seven messages in my email stating he was publishing six or seven hubs within a short period of time.  If he wants to do that he can have fun, really I do not care and only thought it was amusing smile.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't care either-- except if HubPages just becomes a place for recycled articles, we all lose the distinction of being producers of original content.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you there.  I hate plagiarism myself and I had my associated content articles and hubs copied, which really was upsetting.  That is one of the reasons I stopped using qassia because not only were they not sending me traffic, but a lot of things on there are plagiarized.  However, it is amusing when people do this online as it does not make them look credible smile.

15. profile image0
    Qwijeboposted 15 years ago

I also agree with you there.  I myself hate plagiarism and I had my hubs and articles copied, which really was bogus.  This is one of the reasons I refrained using xanga not only because they were not sending me traffic, but most of the things on there were plagiarized.  But, it is amuzing when people do this on-line as it doesn't make them look credible.

16. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Gosh how do you find out of someone is copying your work? I would think mine would be hard to copy since it usually has alot of my own personal experience in the hub- unless someone wants to impersonate me too...lol............

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dorsi, try this http://www.articlechecker.com/index.php to check.

Very efficient and quick.

Its also very good when you write articles to check for duplicate content such as grammatical phrases etc. That way you will always get clean content.

1. Dorsi profile image87
        Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Terry!!

17. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Dorsi, just copy a sentence from your hub and google it smile

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow that was easy! Thanks Misha!

18. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

If someone copies your content and you ask to delete the matter, he/she will do it and render appologies. But be aware, he may retaliate and do few nasty things like pasting your publisher ID on an adult site or intentionally clicking on the ads or giving low ratings to your hubs. Even if you are flagging the hubs and disclosing it in the forums, you are making yourself prone to such attacks. I have been the victim of this and few other hubbers have been subject to it. Ultimately you will get your affiliate account disabled and nobody can help you. I succeeded in getting the copied content deleted but still several sites are copying word by word from my hubs and pasting it online openly. This is really difficult to continue the fight.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)