Newbie in search of expert criticism . PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

1. Nurfninja profile image61
    Nurfninjaposted 4 years ago

Hello, could anybody out there be so kind as to read one of my hubs??  I'm just starting out.  PLEASE
    Don't be shy, I'll read your hubs too!!! smile

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Welcome to the site!

When posting articles here there are two goals:
    -Writing in a way that gets you ranked in search engines for topics that have plenty of traffic but low competition (not many people writing about them.)
    -Once a person arrives on the page, keeping them interested (Google keeps track of how long people stay on the page) OR getting them to click adverts (generally by writing on topics which adverts will be relevant to the reader.)

You've written a poem - I won't comment on that since it's almost impossible to get search engine traffic to creative writing unless you're quite skilled.

As for your Charles Dickens piece, it's not a bad start for content - you've got a video and an Amazon capsule in there, which is good. However it might be an idea to put those two items to the right (in edit mode you can move capsules to the right with the arrow button) so that it doesn't break up the page.

As for writing, the article is quite short - and the topic is not really telling anyone anything new. WHY should someone come to your article and keep reading it? You need to give them a reason.

Also, you need to work on titles. Titles and URLs are two of the major ways search engines decide how to rank you and send you traffic. How many people are typing "Charles Dickens creative genius" into Google? Might be a good idea to learn about keyword research as well!

But don't worry, we all had to start somewhere and for a newbie with only two hubs and three days down, you're off to a good start. smile