jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Bounce Rate question

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

In very, very small words and short sentences because I am a simple, simple man, please explain the following:

Bounce rate as I read it, pertains to how quickly people exit off a "landing page."  Given that each of our hubs is only a single page anyway, it seems like obviously people are going to leave from that page, because there is no place else for them to go.  So, does that mean that this analytics number is sort of meaningless to us, or do I not understanding what a landing page is?  Is our profile a landing page, even though it doesn't draw traffic from search engines?  (My bounce rates range from 50% on one particular hub to 96% on another).  I'm trying to figure out what that's telling me.

Anyway, if this has been covered specifically in some other hub that you know of, a link will be fine (so don't yell at me Mark you cranky s.o.b.).

2. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Your landing page is the page they land on, so its not just your profile page, but any page. Yes your bounce rate is them hitting the page and then click 'back' and I think its within 30 seconds.

It doesn't matter to us much, although the lower the bounce rate, usually means the viewer is then going on to another one of your hubs! Which is good!

Hope this helped

Great hubs btw!

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

ok, so a hub with a 50% bounce rate means that half the people who land on it go to another page of mine, and a 96% one means that most everyone is just bailing out having gotten what they need or having found nothing of use.  Yes?

4. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Basically, the one with 50% may not be driving traffic to other parts of the site, but it may just be its a long hub and taking some time to read.

I only look at bounce rate for the site I have my day job at, because there we are paying for adwords and want people to stay on the site for longer, its a better chance they'll buy something that way!