jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Giving Back Wedding Gifts

1. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

If a couple marry and divorce in about a month or two, should they give back the wedding gifts - particularly for Celebrity Weddings, where very expensive gifts are given?

Just wondering....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or pay back the producers who paid them thousands of dollar to air their wedding?

Lady_Eposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol. Good point.

2. Ercolano profile image82
    Ercolanoposted 4 years ago

I would say, as a matter of good grace, that the couple should at least try to insist their return, for I have heard a few people over the years bitching about how the expensive gift that they'd saved to give a couple who turned out to not be together very long, could be used by themselves.. but at the same time would never ask for them back - a bit like when someone owes you money and you don't like to ask for it if it's gone on too long as if somehow you're in the wrong.  It most definitely should be returned if a refund can still be gotten.

I take it you're post was inspired by the failed marriage of KK here, and whoever her husband is/was - a ridiculous situation if ever there was - and in their case, every penny spent on their behalf should be returned in my opinion... but sadly... they're probably making even more of a fortune out of it all, what with the publicity and whatever else goes with a celebrity split-up.

Lady_Eposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ercolano
      That's nice idea... and then the people could either accept the gift back or tell them to keep it.