jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic Jam - What is your best traffic generating secret?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

Generating traffic to your hubs happen in several ways. Many of us know already that the basics are:

1. Submit articles to other blog sites with a link back to your hub (making sure its an authority/high PR page)

2. Submit bookmarks on Digg, Stumbleupon, (please tell us all the other here)

3. SEO with things like keyword saturation, hub title, pictures on your hub (naming them carefully to generate that images.google.com traffic)

4. Auotomated Blog/wordpress backlink companies (although this cost money and may not be worth it here unless your using this for other sites as well (this is what will be doing)..

5. ???

In this thread I want everyone to pitch in a new traffic generation idea not in the list above, or expand on a way to use those more efficiently. This will help hubbers get some traffic insight.

If you know any of the digg, stumbleupon, etc.. boomarking sites please post them here.. and any links to hubs on building traffic to your hubs would be appreciated.

The theme of this thrad is to share traffic generation secrets with the hubClass...

I've started with the above ones... what are yours? Please share..

2. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Who you know always come into play in the traffic generation game, try and get links in the comments to many of the top blogs that relate to your main niche, don't worry about the comments being no-follow tagged as you want to target the other commenter's who like to take over discussions and have a debate.

By adding your in depth and thoughtful comments you are showing that you have read the blog posts to which the comments are linked to and also you are a force to be reckoned with in your niche.

The same can be applied to forums too, but I'd go one step further in forums and really write tutorials based on your niche topic once established with the main forum posters you can build quite a following from blogs and forums combined!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thank you, thats good advice!

3. wandererh profile image87
    wandererhposted 8 years ago

Build a following on another site similar to Hubpages, and link that site to Hubpages and vice versa.

Build a following on a third site similar to Hubpages, and interlink all three sites

Keep going.

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes this is a good networking strategy for most of the popular social networks, forums, blogs and whatever else there is in online communities, being consistent with your networking really helps you focus your efforts too.

Hub pages linked to squidoo, then these two linked to twitter letting others know through the micro updates on Twitter, then from their multiple bookmarking sites in between and social networking profile pages as the redirecting sign posts back to your main sites!!!

It's all about creating a network that will brand everything you and what you want to be known for online.

4. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

Links in forum signatures (not HP) big_smile

5. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

"The theme of this thrad is to share traffic generation secrets with the hubClass... "

My Sex in Space hub outperfoms my Space Tourism by 10 to 1 some days...

Both similar topics, serious and well researched.

I rest my case