People, check your Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Silver Rose profile image65
    Silver Roseposted 12 years ago

I just had a look at my Adsense finalised earnings for Oct (in the "my account section") - and it is about half what it says when I pull up the October advanced report which shows "estimated earnings" (in the Reports section).

I've never had a discrepancy before. Is anyone else seeing this?

My understanding is that the finalised earnings are what we get paid on.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've got 100% of mine no cuts.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Mine appears to be in order.

3. QuestionMaster profile image80
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Adsense has really been cracking down on spammers, low quality clicks, Indian/Asian accounts and lots of other things in the last few months.

4. Silver Rose profile image65

Have just checked - there's a thread on webmasterworld about this too:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_ad … 383833.htm

I wonder if this affects HPads as well (seeing as they include Adsense in their ads)

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent Link!

2. smcopywrite profile image60
      smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wonderful information to have and share. thank you

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

I earn zip from adsense.

6. Silver Rose profile image65

They are also discussing this in the Google help forums:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

Either Google has made a mistake or they've changed something big in how they finalise earnings.

Oh well. I guess I needed more reminding to diversify, diversify, diversify, LOL!

7. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 12 years ago

Hmmmm...I'll have to look.  I know my Google in October has half of what it was in September. sad Boo.  My HP stuff is cruisin' though!!!  Woohoo!

8. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

?? No problem here - the finalized earnings dropped just 6 cents (out of $30+) from estimated.

9. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Mine's fine.  A tiny bit lower - cents only, though.  Same dollar amount.

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I have a 1% difference between the two.

11. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

No big discrepency for me.  I hope you get it sorted out!

12. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

I'm showing a twenty-eight cent difference from estimated to finalized for October.

And it is correct that we are paid the finalized earnings.

Do you have allowed domains specified in your AdSense account?  That's one of the best ways to guard against invalid click activity.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

what does that mean. What is this feature and how do you mean it protects against click activity (invalid)? you got my curiosity peeked smile

1. thooghun profile image93
        thooghunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can block your publisher ID from being used on other websites. As Relache mentioned, it protects you from having your ID scraped and plastered, bombed and banned. You'll still have to scan individual channel CTR's now and then to be sure (and report unusually high activity), but it's a good way of being in control.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
          Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow, never thought of that... thank you for the tips!

2. Charity Squid profile image63
          Charity Squidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just curious.  How does one block their publisher ID from being used on other websites? Thanks in advance.

1. Silver Rose profile image65
            Silver Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Log into your adsense, go to "adsense setup" and then look for the "allowed sites" tab. Simply list the sites you want to allow, and all the rest will be blocked from displaying your adsense.

1. Carolina Crete profile image68
              Carolina Creteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is on the old adsense interface, which they are retiring any day now. I can't find the 'allowed sites' option on the new interface. Anyone?

1. cameciob profile image79
                cameciobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Under Home tab, go to Account Settings, on the left navigation menu. Scroll down to Access and Authorization,there are some options. First option is Sites authorized to show ads. Check the box. It is going to open a tab where you can put the sites you want.

1. Carolina Crete profile image68
                  Carolina Creteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Got it. Thanks!

2. Charity Squid profile image63
            Charity Squidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everyone!  The only domain I share my adsense account with is Hubpages.  The others are my own blog and websites.  But how would one get invalid clicks on Hubpages when its not yourself clicking on your own hubs?

2. Silver Rose profile image65
      Silver Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do have allowed domains specified (I think it may have been you who advised us to do this on the forums two years ago!)

I've no idea what this is about, as Google hasn't issued a statement.

With invalid clicks, they usually close people's accounts down. But this seems to be different - either they caught a bunch of people random clicking to disguise their invalid clicks, and all the clicks had to be invalidated, or the clicks are valid, it's just the CPC that has been reduced.

I notice hubpages haven't said anything, but if it's affecting some of us, it's bound to be affecting them too as they get 40% of the impressions

3. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I'm only 65p off

Is everyone using the new interface yet?

13. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I'm off by less than a dollar.

14. IMsuccess profile image59
    IMsuccessposted 12 years ago

Mine is just showing just a penny difference between estimated and finalized.  However my earnings were down in October by around 20%

15. Silver Rose profile image65

BTW on the subject of diversification. Chris Guthrie mentions that Vibrant media outperforms Adsense:

http://www.makemoneyontheinternet.com/b … results-2/

May give it a try on my own sites.

16. successfulblogger profile image59
    successfulbloggerposted 12 years ago

Are you enrolled in the hubpages ad program? If you are you will see a drop. I wrote a hub on it if you want to read it.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A drop in what exactly and why?

2. QuestionMaster profile image80
      QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry successfulblogger, but your hub and account in general indicate very little knowledge of earning online.

(Psycheskinner, the hub says in 300 word basically nothing other than "Enabling the ad program will decrease Adsense clicks" - something which is the mostly commonly agreed/talked about fact about the program.)

Successfulblogger, you have less than 100,000 views across 200 hubs after more than 2 years. That's one sign that you don't know a lot about traffic and SEO etc.

Another sign is that you've got a hub entitled "How to reach 100,000 hubbers". This is misleading firstly because you obviously haven't, since you're still under 100,000 views, but also because other hubbers don't earn you money at all - external traffic (from search engines) is what you should be pursuing!)
      Also, the fact you're promoting Shetoldme as a way to double your traffic is... amusing.

I'd very highly recommend learning more about SEO before proclaiming that you have all of the answers.

1. baygirl33 profile image58
        baygirl33posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please explain SEO?
        I am with hubpages a few months and did register for Adsense but have zip earnings.  Not really here to make money,but would like to know how things work.

17. Silver Rose profile image65

Just a quick update for those affected. Google has now acknowledged that this is one of their "known issues". See

http://www.google.com/adsense/support/a … er=1067521

Excellent link. Your posting it will definitely reduce many people's stress levels regarding this. Just knowing that google is aware of and working on the problem is significant.

18. Silver Rose profile image65

Final update: They've sorted it. If you've been affected, log into your adsense and you should see a second entry with the missing money under "payment history".

bump

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)