The subdomain switch and site age

1. GAbaptist profile image84
    GAbaptistposted 4 years ago

I have been trying to learn as much as I can over the past year about SEO and what helps pages rank better within the search engines. There are just so many factors that it can quickly become overwhelming, and all the "Google algorithm" hoopla doesn't help much either.

I have been trying different SEO analysis programs and one thing that keeps showing up among hubpage hits is the age of the site is "0 years". It doesn't matter if that particular hub has been here for 5 years or 1 year, the stats show "0".

I often hear in the forums how important age is for sites to rank well, so I wanted to get your thoughts on the possibilities of this being the reason so many hubbers have experienced these "lows" over the past few months since the subdomain switch. I know Panda had an affect, but could the age and authority have taken a hit in the process?

Personally, i haven't been here quite a year yet, but it made me wonder about those who have been here a long time. Just a thought that keeps crossing my mind....

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

This was an issue raised by several top hubbers when the subdomain switch was done.

Basically - all the old content was transferred to new, unaged pages, and then a 301 redirect was used to pass the user to the new page. So technically, everything on a subdomain is all new content.

Websites have been sandboxed for less...

1. homesteadbound profile image89
      homesteadboundposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is really sad!