jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Unfollowing a thread -- yet it still spams me. Help!

1. Greekgeek profile image96
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

I foolishly posted one reply in a forum thread that has a lot of content that troubles me. Almost every time I see another post, I think, "eek, ...these people are expressing worldviews that make me feel unwelcome, not just in the thread, but in this entire online community."

So, of course, I unfollowed the thread. It's silly to let one thread color one's whole experience on a site.

However, it still keeps showing in my activity stream, and every few hours, another post appears on our logged-in Hubpages front door.

I click the little X box saying "Hide this story."
    And then another post comes up, and I click the box saying "Hide this story."
    After a while, I've got a growing "You have X hidden stories" tally at the bottom of my Hubpages front door.

I don't want to avoid looking at my Hubpages activity stream. I get notifications for hubs in areas of interest to me and read them. I just prefer to avoid that thread.

So how do I block it? Or is there a bug ?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Noticed this this since yesterday i have been getting notification on things I have unfollowed.
      I haven't tried what Cags suggested.. maybe I will.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image60
      WD Curry 111posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to cybersspace. I could go on about why this is happening, or I can tellyou how I deal with it. If you get an email notice from the renegade thread . . . don't open it, check the box and delete it. From time to time, go back and unfollow it. You should be able to unfollow it.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Greek,

Have you tried your "my account" section, "following" sub-section? To fix the problem.

1. Greekgeek profile image96
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It says I'm not following any topics. But thank you! Maybe it's a bug.