jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When Does Hub Karma Update?

1. mariahbernt864 profile image59
    mariahbernt864posted 4 years ago

I just added a large dose of suggested links to my hubs, yet my hub karma did not rise immediately. Is that normal?

Thank you smile

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. However hubkarma is worthless - it doesn't do anything.

Unless you're putting in links to your own work, you're basically giving free traffic to other hubs.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

If you used the link suggestion tool make sure that the links are relevant, I read so many hubs where the link I follow is nothing to do with the subject (or extended subject) of the page that i am on and it makes me $#%@#....

Oh and I think it updates when you come around again on the great wheel of life... not that I have looked at my score for months...

4. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

I thought HP had abandoned HubKarma??

At least, I dimly remember a blog post or forum thread about it but I can't find it anywhere now. And I can't find anything about HubKarma on my own profile either.

If HubKarma does still exist, then I recommend you ignore it totally - if you try and link to loads of other hubs you'll only be encouraging "leakage" from your own hubs and if the hubs you've linked to are deleted, you'll end up with broken links in your hubs!

The only times I link to other pages are:

(a) if I think they're helpful to the reader or

(b) when I want to provide the odd backlink to my own stuff elsewhere. And you need to be cautious about doing that as too many links to the same site are frowned on here.

5. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Your HubKarma goes up when you are deemed worthy LOL!  I wouldn't worry about it, as it doesn't really mean anything.  Concentrate on gaining traffic and earnings