jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What pushes up page views on unpublshed hubs?

1. debbie roberts profile image92
    debbie robertsposted 5 years ago

Hi, I think I'm correct in saying that page views are totted up whilst editing an unpublished hub, this morning I was working on a new hub and had to stop, so I saved it unpublished and left the site. Now I've gone back to it I'm sure that the page views are higher than they were. I've noticed this before too. Or am I cracking up?...
    Could someone enlighten me please?

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL PD is at it again.. your views as you go in and out editing are counted..and that is about all . No you are not cracking up... this always happens..probably you did  not notice it before..

debbie robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you...At least I know it's not the elves and fairies now..
        Does it matter how often you go in and out of editing?

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Three Things:

1) Genuine traffic

2) Your own accessing of the page

3) Elves or fairies.

smile

Elves and fairies have a lot to answer for in this house.....First the odd sock problem and now pushing up page views....Wait 'til I catch them!!

1. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Be careful not to mention the 'Odd Sock' problem here...

There are a few 'Sock Puppets' here on occasions, though they are often described a lot more graphically than merely 'Odd' smile

Also beware of 'The Moose' (Loose In the Forums) and remember that when you get your 1 year accolade, you must buy Lunch for your fans! smile

Good Luck.. Happy Trails.

I'll be sure to be on the look out for loose Moose tracks......Hope everyone like potnoodle, there's quite a selection to choose from these days!!
          Where do you get the smileys from?....Or are they really undercover elves?

1. Pearldiver profile image85
            Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh you mean the Loose Moose droppings?  roll

(they are standard everywhere)  : )  : (   : P   : O   : D   etc.

Just close up the gaps between : + )

3. Debby Bruck profile image85
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Oh the things that go on behind the scenes. "Only the Forum knows" The ratings, points, numbers, percentages mysteriously change from minute to hour. These little hints can help our Hubpages if we let them sit awhile and percolate, while we go make a cup of coffee. Blessings this day. Debby

working