jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Why Adsense ads appearing on my articles not from my account?

1. ankitharrytom profile image79
    ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago

Hello all,
    I have a successfully associated Adsense account and my account is showing earnings from the HubPages earning program too but when I checked the publisher id on my Hubs they are not mine! I checked my Adsense profile and there is 3rd part access though the status is "enabled" but the sharing shown is 0%. Can anybody please explain this?

My publisher id is pub-7......603

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you're looking at - but I did a quick check on your hub and the pubID number you quoted is showing.

Remember - it will only show for 60% of views, 40% of the time it will show Hubpages pubID.

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The HP Ads Program and Adsense are two separate programs.
      You receive 60% of the impressions and HP receives 40% with regards to Adsense. The HP Ads Program is the same.

There are less Adsense ads on your hubs if you're using the HP Ads Program and you couldn't be a part of the HP Ads Program if you did not have a Google Adsense account entered beforehand.

When you checked on the ID it was probably HP's ID because it was on their 40% of the impressions.

3. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties the official reply is here... Your ads are displayed 60%n of the time and the other 40% belongs to Hubpages

4. uthurban profile image60
      uthurbanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What the heck? If you don't trust HP then publish somewhere else. There is nothing wrong with the system. It works on an algorithm which RANDOMLY choose Adsense ID 60-40.

2. ankitharrytom profile image79
    ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago

Well, I know about the 40-60 system and that's why checked it 5-6 times but not even once I got my publisher id. Anyhow, I will believe you guys or better I will create a channel and confirm it. Thanks for your replies smile

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

confirm it and let me know big_smile

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't automatically go 4 of theirs, 6 of yours, it's generally fairly random so can take a few tries to verify.

1. ankitharrytom profile image79
          ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok, I have started to receive impressions in my Adsense channel.
          Thanks all for helping.

3. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 5 years ago

yeah... what they said....just kidding , i only posted so i get more readership.. but at leat i'm honest about it.

working