jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Someone copied my whole hub what should I do?

1. tamron profile image62
    tamronposted 5 years ago

My article appears above the copied one in search  http://stopthumbsuckingblog.com/tag/money/
    What do you think I should do?  Will that cause me to lose traffic I know some sites allow this like about.com I really don't see how that benefits the writer.

1. ankitharrytom profile image77
      ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If the other site is using Google Adsense then send them a DMCA notice and Google will take care of that

1. tamron profile image62
        tamronposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think they are I will have to check.  What happen if they don't have google ads?

2. ankitharrytom profile image77
    ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago

You can ask Google to remove the site from their search results
    http://www.google.com/support/webmaster … wer=164734

3. tamron profile image62
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Ya there is Google ads!

Should I just leave a comment and tell them they can use so many words in the article with the link.

1. ankitharrytom profile image77
      ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages has enough reputation that it doesn't not need a backlink from a copying site. File a DMCA and teach them a lesson. Never spare such people who do illegal activities so bravely.
      The end decision is yours after all, decide what you think best

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

There is a section in the learning center (link at the bottom of this page) about filing DMCA's.  Study it and get those things out.  The net doesn't need more thieves.

5. tamron profile image62
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Thanks you guys I am going to sleep on it before I act.  I alway was tought not to cut your noise off to spite your face.  Another words sleep on it!

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub on steps to take and examples of notices.

working