jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Please Help! The Closing Header Tag Is Killing Me

1. 60
    Euphony101posted 4 years ago

I have wasted hours over this problem, and I really would be grateful to anyone willing to spoonfeed me through the process of adding the mandatory Google Adsense javascript to my Hubpages. Though there is a capsule for Code, it says not to paste any Javascript code in it.

I tried pasting the code under the title of one of my hubs, but that didn't work.  Do I create a new  Text capsule? What on earth is a closing header tag? Where is it? I've searched everywhere on my Hubpages, but for the life of me, cannot find anything. Do I create this if so, how, because I don't know a thing about Javascript. I'm just blank about this.

Please guide me in ordinary, non-tech English, and I do apologize beforehand for the inconvenience and offer my deepest appreciation and thanks to whoever takes the time and trouble to teach me this process.

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

i think ...it just means your missing the last bracket( such as this symbol...] ) at the end of the java script code you're trying to enter but its just my opinion

1. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 4 years ago in reply to this

notice how in my post above i was able to add color ...i did this using opening and closing tags using brackets... same goes for javascript code in the javascipt box your using in the editor... hope that helps!

3. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

The instructions on google's help pages are for website owners - adsense set up works differently for hubpages. Go here >> http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsense

If you've been accepted into adsense and have been given a publisher ID, the first thing to do is insert that ID on this page >> https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

Ads are added automatically to your hubs and your ID is inserted automactially also.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

nm.. my post above.. i see now you're trying to paste your affiliate code into hubpages thats all...susanas links will get you where you need to go.. i was under the impression ypou were trying to use the hubtool editor for adding javascript to a page.nm... good luck