jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Any Suggestions!?!

1. Vanessamtz956 profile image60
    Vanessamtz956posted 4 years ago

I'm new to HubPages. I just signed up today. Any ideas or suggestions on how to be successful on this site?

1. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages. Read hubs from famous writers. Don't hesitate to ask questions that you don't have answers. First thing go to hubpages learning center.smile

2. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 4 years ago

Write ALOT of content ! I've only published about twenty hubs and earn next to nothing. in two years i've acquired only about ten dollars,  so with the 100 dollar threshold for AdSense payout i might receive a check in about 18 more years. NO JOKE ..If you're publishing a hub a day you will probably do much better. I just signed up for new hub program so hopefully with that and extra writing i can start to ACTUALLY earn a paycheck. Can't stand looking at that finalized earnings and no real payout so must be that you have to write ALOT as well as other tips people will give you. If you're like me and write as HOBBY ,don't expect spectacular results though. I think you have to be writing continually and like a mini career to get good money or a payout at all. I beleive my content is generally good but without readership, excessive fanning(followers) to read it, i've only found a few that get good google results and pay anything into my AdSense account... good Luck whether you make it a hobby or a mini-career.

3. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 4 years ago

(1) Learn some SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

(2) Make sure your grammar etc is pretty good.

(3) Write on topics that people are searching for. It does NOT matter if you write a very good 1000 page article on a topic, if no one searches for it, you will make no money. Focus on topics that people search for on a daily basis.

(4) Be consistent and perhaps experiment with what works and what may not work.

(5)Focus on low competetion topics if you do not want to backlink much, if at all.

(6) Get quality backlinks if you do intend to target highly competitive topics.

(7) Write at least several hubs a week.

(8) Focus on your writing/typing speed. You should be able to write a hub (300-1000 words) in 45 minutes to 90 minutes. If it takes you 5 hours, you are not being productive enough.

(9) Use Tags effectively

*******(10) Learn how to use keywords effectively ***********

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with everything but #8.  It sometimes takes me days to acquire the research and original photos I use for many of my most successful hubs.  It all depends on the subject, I suppose.  I do try to use all original photos so that does slow me down a bit. smile

1. David 470 profile image86
        David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

True, the time can be rather subjective.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Randy here - I can seldom do a decent job of keyword research and creating a title in less than 45 minutes.  Writing the entire hub, interlinking with other hubs, proofreading, etc. all add up to several hours.

Not one of my producing hubs was written in less than 4 or 5 hours.

4. Rosie2010 profile image81
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Vanessamtz956 !

On my first month here on Hubpages, I did the "30hubs in 30days" challenge.  Although my firsts few hubs did not rank well with Google, the challenge kept me focused and motivated.  You might want to give that a try.

I also made friends with my fellow new hubbers.  Sharing experiences as newbies was fun and the camaraderie made my first few months here on HP a very enjoyable experience.  Unfortunately, most of my fellow newbies are no longer active here on Hubpages. 

Happy hubbing!

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I would suggest being patient, adding content and paying close attention to which hubs are the best earnings so you can develop more of the same.