jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Clarification on Adsense rotation system on Hubs

1. ankitharrytom profile image81
    ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago

According to HubPages revenue sharing system 40% of impressions are received on HubPages Adsense pub-id and the rest 60% our Adsense publisher id is shown.

Now what I want to know is that as we don't know how many impressions we are going to receive so how does HubPages decides the rotation system? Is the rotation random or first 40% impressions for HubPages and then us or the other way around? Also, if the system is not random then this 40% is decided out of what total? The first 10 or first 100?

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can find the exact details by pressing the help button above.  As far as I know it is still done on a random basis, ie each page that is displayed has a 60% chance of being yours and a 40% chance of being HubPages. 

You can check this by displaying the page and looking at the code to see the share.  Various people have done this and no one has ever challanged the randomness of it!

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

I don't know, and I doubt that HP will tell you exactly how they decide whose adds will be shown on a page..

As long as I get my 60% share I don't mind if it is for the 2nd, 3rd, and 7th views or whatever.. As long as they don't choose the 40% of traffic that comes from the US and leave me the remaining.....

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

If you search posts made by Paul Deeds (hubpages staff), he's clarified questions about the ad system and impressions in the past.  The ad share is randomized.

1. ankitharrytom profile image81
      ankitharrytomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you please provide me with the link of the page?

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago