jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Posting a Video on Hubpages and You Tube

1. samiaali profile image61
    samiaaliposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I have made a video and included it in one of my Hubpage recipes.  Can I also put my video on YouTube?  I looked for a similar question but could not find one in the forums. 
    Thank you for any advice you can give.
    Samia

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can put it on You Tube. I set up a You Tube account put a video on there and then posted it onto a hub.

2. samiaali profile image61

Hi Just Ask Susan, Thank you for your response.  I am a little confused because I did just read something in the rules about not being able to post something on Hubpages if it is identical or very similar to content put elsewhere on the web, even if you are the creator and have sole right to the content.  Are you saying that I can have the video on Hubpages, together with the written recipe, and still have the video on YouTube?  I don't want to do anything against the rules. 
    Thank you for your help.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87

I don't really think this would apply to videos. Mine was a video on my dogs. Then I wrote a hub about Newfoundland dogs and included the video.
      Hope this helps and your welcome smile

2. Just Ask Susan profile image87

Here is an article in the Learning Center about this...
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/vide … eo-content

3. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Putting your videos on Youtube is a great idea for several reasons. It was and still probably is the second most searched search engine out there, after Google. They also give you a share of the revenue.

I embed videos that aren't mine off of youtube all the time.

4. samiaali profile image61

Hi Just as Susan and Mikeydoes, Thank you both so much for your responses.  I already have the video on my 'How to Make Bacalaitos Fritos' hubpage and would hate to remove it.  The reason I even did it as YouTube videos was to be able to easily load the videos onto Hubpages.  Then I got an email from the Google Adsense Team where they say that I may be eligible to have their ads on my video.  I actually hadn't thought about that, but now I want to do it if I can make some money that way. 
    Thank you both again for your comments and help.
    Samia

working