jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

how to Increase organic traffic to my hubs within hub pages community

1. Felixedet2000 profile image61
    Felixedet2000posted 4 years ago

I want to have a huge fan base within the hub-pages community, it is not as if i don't want external fan base, i just believe the best place to build a very solid base is to start with hub-pages and from there move on externally.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Write high quality hubs.  Participate in the forums.  Read hubs and leave comments.

Do NOT indiscriminately follow dozens of other hubbers in the hope they will follow you back.

Felixedet2000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

wow, makes whole lot of sense.

2. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Community is a lovely thing, but focusing on internal traffic means pursuing a much smaller number of people than if you're optimizing for web traffic. Be clear on why you're doing it.

If it's for social reasons, to have the enjoyment of feedback and commentary from a few people, that's great. But if your goal is traffic or earnings, it's best to cast your net more widely.

Of course, if you create excellent content, you can usually manage both. But it depends on the tastes of a community. Each site tends to attract a preponderance of people interested in certain niches, and content that falls outside those niches may be wildly popular with some segment of the web which happens not to be well-represented on the platform where you've chosen to publish.

Felixedet2000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

i appreciate your comment so much, about the bigger picture you pointed out i totally agree with you, but  my question is: is it a bad idea to have a good traffic within the hub-pages community from a professional view point as an online entrepreneur. As in be very popular and become an icon back home within a period of time before moving on to the larger market?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think depending on your peers for traffic is a bit self-limiting.