Pictures and photos in hubs

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

I read somewhere that the time the reader spends on the hub is directly proportional to the hub's advertising potential. As a result, I find that many hubs contain superfluous photos, illustrations, logos, links and other non-related pictures. I enjoy a well-illustrated hub, but I find most of these thrown-together illustrations to be a distraction from the point of the hub. Does anyone else find them to be a distraction or do you enjoy looking at all the pictures, no matter what? Thanks, I'm new here, so please enlighten me.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

There is a special section for photo hubs.

In a normal hub I'd say that a good number of pictures is two - if you don't take advantage of different capsules (such as multiple text capsules with subtitles, pictures, links and Amazon products) all you end up with is a big block of text which puts many readers off.

But of course, overwhelming the reader with media and hardly any text isn't the way to go either.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey, thanks for the info. I'm working on a couple of hubs, my first, and have been delaying them to find the right pictures that were public domain or that I owned. I'm glad to know that I don't have to worry about that so much. It does bother me though, that "a big block of text ... puts many readers off." A well-written story or article should not put anyone off except the ones who "like pitcher books". I would hope for a more intellectural audience.