jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

how do we get paid by amazon?

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

Do we only get paid when someone clicks on our item and actually buys it?  Is that how it works?  At first I thought we got paid every time someone clicks on it. And I found out we don't actually see any hubpages money until it reaches $50 .  They said in a few weeks they will be combining the two earnings together.  Cool that things are always changing.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's how it works unless the person returns the item.  In those instances, you will actually have the commission deducted/taken back.

Your best info will be found in the Learning Center under the Affiliate Setting category.

2. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

You can find the info about it here - http://hubpages.com/faq/#amazon-signup

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

You've got two separate issues here:

1. You get a commission on ANY items people buy in the first sale, in the first 24 hours after clicking through your Amazon link. So if someone clicks through on your book link and buys a lawnmower and ten clothing items, you get commission on all that. You can get a gift card after $10 I believe, or at $100 with direct deposit or cheque.

2. Hubpages earning program has NOT yet incorporated Amazon. This will be happening in the next few weeks. Currently you earn directly into your Amazon affiliates account which is separate from Hubpages.