jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hubbers' Icon/Moniker Choices

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago

I thought it would be fun to find out how each hubber chose his/her moniker and corresponding icon.

CouturePopCafe came about because I'm building a site where I can sell clothing and anything I make.  The word Couture indicates garments which are hand made to the highest standards.  The word Cafe indicates that it might be someplace fun and hip to explore and the word Pop gave it a little..well, pop as in pop star, pop culture.

The current icon I use is an illustration from an old book I found on fashion illustration.  Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the illustrator.

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

I use Tobey, my dog's name.  He was a good dog and quite a bit smarter than I was.  Plus, it's easy to bang on on a key board.  As far as my avatar goes, for a while I used a picture of myself.  The little meerkat I use now (which is a stuffed animal by the way) seemed to be more appropriate and easier to remember having seen.  Those eyes'll get ya every time.  I enjoy being anonymouse rather than spatter my picture all over the place.  I would post it on request but thankfully no one's asked to see what I look like.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love meerkats.  They are so cute.  So which of your hubs were written (or dictated) by Tobey?

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I'm just me, although my hair has changed style, colour and length many times since the picture was taken! I'm currently growing it longer again and thinking of going more towards an ash blonde/brown. I haven't been my natural colour for more than 30 years big_smile

However, I hate being photographed and so am unlikely to be changing it for some while.

As for the ID, I decided I wanted to have something different here from my usual Internet IDs. WriteAngled seemed to be fairly free, although I have only recently discovered someone else blogging under the same name sad