jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

quote marks not working

1. marisuewrites profile image59
    marisuewritesposted 8 years ago

for some strange reason, when I use " this " quote marks, in my hub, the &quo shows up instead....any suggestions as to how to fix?  It never did this before....grrrr.   smile

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi marisue,

Where does this occur for you?  I tested out quotes in the text capsule and the hub title and the quotes worked fine for me in both these cases.

If you provide me with more details, I will be glad to take a look at it and see what's up.

Thanks,

-Larry

1. compu-smart profile image80
        compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

marisuewrites, smile This happens to me sometimes, yet the (&quo)  dissapears to leave the appropriate quotation marks when i save the text from edit mode!! Or is it still there when you have saved the text!?

2. marisuewrites profile image59

Yes, compu-smart, it was there when I saved and published the hub, I took it off, but of course the quote doesn't look like a quote in the paragraph of my latest hub, now....hm...do you think it will correct itself?

1. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, i really dont know marisue but i hope so! smile

3. marisuewrites profile image59

Hi Larry, in my last hub, I was trying to put a sentence as in a conversation in quotes, which it had in the edit mode, but when I saved it, it had the &quo thingy there.  i took it out of the hub, but the sentence isn't in quotes now...

4. marisuewrites profile image59

well, I'll do another hub and see if it happens again,   thanks tho....smile)

working