jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hello from Newbie

1. 0
    mickelarrposted 4 years ago

I just joined HubPages yesterday and I want to say hello.  I found this site when I was searching for an outlet for my writing.  It seems like a great place to learn about blogging, too, which is something I've been interested in for a while. 

I'll probably have a bunch of stupid questions, and let me promise from the beginning that I'll try to find posted answers before asking!  :-)

The more I learn about HubPages the more excited I get about the possibilities.  I look forward to getting to know everyone, doing a lot of writing and hopefully making a couple of bucks.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. You should read everything in the Learning Centre (link at the bottom of every page) and the help files. That'll give you a good idea of what you can and cannot do here.

HubPages is not really a blogging site, it is for articles that are not too personal.

1. 0
        mickelarrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I guess I'm more interested in the informational-style of blogging rather than the diary format. Nobody needs to know what I had for lunch!  I frequent some other sites where I've learned a lot about SEO, writing, research, etc.

Maybe that's a good first question:  I've read that I should never link to another site or promote someone on the forum. Are we allowed to even talk about them?  Such as, "I read so-and-so's blog and it's very informative."  Or would that be considered promotion of someone?

2. wixor profile image59
      wixorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello there, and welcome. If you think about it, all of us are learning, or should be, so that makes us all newbies!

Unless you have really basic questions, like "how do I reply to a forum post?" I'd just rush in and ask questions, that way you get used to posting, and make new friends!

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Now you have met 3 here... 225,997 to go.. you may be busy for some time. smile

As a Newbie... I remember the best advice I got was from more senior members, especially when other newbies thought they knew best yikes

So welcome... do your study.. like ALL those who write quality content consistently - Good Luck.