jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Please review my first hub

1. 0
    icountthetimesposted 4 years ago

I created my first hub today, spending quite some time on it. I'd love nothing more than for people to give me a few hints and tips based on the hub I've published:

http://icountthetimes.hubpages.com/hub/ … umblr-Blog

I'm concerned it might be a bit too text heavy. Do you think another image or two would've made a difference?

2. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

I just read your hub and I thought it was very well done. I didn't think it was too text heavy. You had a the screen shot of the graph and that was helpful. And you had the image of the tumblr icon and that was nice. The area that had a lot of text was divided into short paragraphs with bold subheads so that broke up the text.

Putting an image at the top of the hub must be a common "mistake" for a lot of new hubbers, especially those who aren't real savvy on content writing. I did the same thing on several of my first hubs until I was told that I should be leaving that spot open for an ad. But of course its really up to you what you want to do and sometimes the hub just needs to have an image right at the top.

Nice job

1. 0
      icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your valuable input, Danette. I spent a good while trying to make sure I covered everything I needed to and to ensure people didn't read it and think "what on earth is this nonsense? smile.". I seldom need to write anything so I'm glad it wasn't a total disaster. I'll likely contribute a few more hubs over the coming weeks and hopefully people will view them to be useful.

1. Danette Watt profile image86
        Danette Wattposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And welcome to Hub Pages!