jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Sources for pictures?

1. 0
    mickelarrposted 4 years ago

I just joined the other day and I've started to put together some Hubs.  Thing is, they look a little sparse without any pictures.  Where is the best place to find pics that I can add to my Hubs without violating any legal or unwritted rules?

1. Robert Erich profile image88
      Robert Erichposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Mickelarr,

A great website that I've discovered is for photos is:

I've just started out too but have already used them in several of my posts. They've got some pretty good photos.

2. HikeGuy profile image85
      HikeGuyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.

I use the Creative Commons search and check mark use for commercial purposes because my hubs have ads on them: http://search.creativecommons.org/

From here, you can specify Flickr or other sites and hone in on images that are available to use on a commercial page. Check the rights for the size of the image you want to download -- sometimes not all sizes are available under Creative Commons.

3. brandasaur profile image60
      brandasaurposted 4 years ago in reply to this
  2. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

--Wikimedia Commons
    --Flickr with the Advanced Search set to "Creative Commons / Commercial Use Only" (be sure to give credit and a link back)
    --Stock Xchng (some photographers there ask you for credit and a link plus notification...there's a small comment box where you can notify them)
    -- Clker.com for clip art
    -- Morguefile
    -- NASA, NOAA, USGS (images on U.S. government websites are usually considered public domain UNLESS otherwise specified on the page -- check terms of use to be sure)

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I like Morguefile and Flickr too smile