jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A new account

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 8 years ago

I was reading through the other topic where JerichoUsher was talking about creating a new account.

This has been going through my head lately, because whenever I sign out of my account I notice it asks if I would like to sign in as a different user.

Now, what benefit would there be in having two different accounts?

Has anyone else done it?

2. webismine profile image62
    webismineposted 8 years ago

I think it is like an author writing in different pen names and you can organise the hubs accordingly; all you need for signing up is different email account(s) for every HP profile smile

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I have a couple: mainly so that I can be descreet when  I am promoting some of my sites. lissie is the name  I use across a number of boards to do with internet marketing.  Its a dog eat dog business - if you find a good well paying niche its best to shut up about it.  I therefore don't link to all my sites from my lissie account but use a couple of others to do this. 

Ive also seen someone consider a  2nd account to separate humour and other hubs. LIke Iain Banks uses Iain M Banks for scifi and Iain Banks for mainstream fiction (or v.v I can never remember)

BTW Jerico was wrong - you don't need to post in the forums using the other IDs - I find so long as my alter ego does a hub every month or 2 I keep their hubscore in the high 80's - more than enough to give me the do-follow links i want!

4. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 7 years ago

Thanks for clarifying my doubt also.. I am going to try for this..