jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Tips from the wise ones?

1. Hubbswriter profile image59
    Hubbswriterposted 4 years ago

Hey guys, I'm a new member her for about a week now.
    I would love some criticism on my hubs, and any tips you guys have to offer!

It would be extremely appreciated, thanks so much!!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Hah... great thread title.

Not that I'm a wise one of course.

I read your college hub, not the others.

I thought it was pretty well laid out.

Could be a bit longer, maybe.  That's a good thing though - in that I would have been happy to read a bit more.  So your style is good - imo.  And the layout was easy enough on the eyes.

I think your tags were a bit rubbish.  Too vague.  It's OK if you want a variety of uninterested people looking at your page, but I don't see any point in that.  I try to have few well targeted tags - but hey, that's just my preference.

The real judge is search traffic, and Analytics metrics.  Don't ask me, research it.

For more learning, some would say go to the learning centre - I would say look at a variety of either top hubs, or top authors - just to get a feel of how they present their writing.

Then do your own thing.

And never take any notice of me.

Good luck.

3. Hubbswriter profile image59
    Hubbswriterposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips Mark.
    I'll try to center my tags a bit more, and your writing style is pretty original haha! Enjoyed reading a few of your hubs!

Still not getting the whole seo thing too well however

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Hubbs!

You can spend forever reading a load of mostly rubbish advice on SEO across the web.  There are some, very few, good qualified people but finding them is hard.

My current method is to remember what I am looking for when I search, and if there isn't much on that, or I think I can do better - to write it.

I do think the basics are...
      1. What are you writing about?
      2. How would people search for it?
      3. What is the competition out there when you do a Google search yourself?

It's not good giving yourself a funky or whacky title that doesn't match the content.

But hey.  I'm going on.  There will be plenty of experts along shortly.