jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Tracking Code not detected HELP!

1. KelsieGriggs profile image61
    KelsieGriggsposted 4 years ago

I am attempting to apply for Google Analytics and I received a message stating the tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page.  For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your webstie.  Could someone please enlighten me on this matter?  Thank you. smile

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

While in "my account" click "earnings" and then "settings".  There is a button there to "configure" reporting through analytics.  Click it and it will take you through the steps.

2. KelsieGriggs profile image61
    KelsieGriggsposted 4 years ago

Thank you for your help.  This is exactly what I did and then after configuring, I was given this message.  I guess this is a way to make sure they don't have to pay everyone.  I was denied for Google Adsense so this is unfortunatly the conclusion I have come to.  I am wondering if this is a scam.  It seems no matter how many forms I fill out I am unable to get paid as stated.  Is this a ploy to just get articles on their site without actually having to pay people?  Make it look like some technical mistake?  Maybe I am the only person with this issue however it seems easy enough for anyone to fall into this mess.  I would love to hear how you are getting on with this and if you know of others that have or have not had issues.  I hope this is just a glitch because I would love to participate in this however I don't want to be a part of any scam.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.  Thank you.  smile

1. 2uesday profile image91
      2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Kelsie, Analytics is nothing to do with getting paid it is a way of tracking what is happening to your writing/income/traffic on Hubpages and/or blogs etc.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Were you denied a Google Adsense account? If so, you will find it very difficult to make any money on this site.
      What exactly did the message say?