jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Hey Staff, Do Advertisers Understand Rules or What?

1. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Staff,

Yet again, another advertiser has chosen to "AUTO" run ads on our hubs. Are these people learning impaired or what?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5749575_f248.jpg

The ad began running almost instantly after the hub was loaded. The first ad to run was about the Kia Soul, the gimmick dancing mice and then when into the advertisement about BBC news broadcast talking about Cigarettes.

I mean seriously.

1. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are video ads on our hubs? Sorry Cagsil, I am just surprised that HP would allow that. An auto ad would intercept attention to our articles. Bad idea for Hubbers. We want no distraction from our articles.

Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the point Cardisa....advertisers are NOT allowed to "auto" run any ads with sound. This particular ads immediately engaged sound, which was a distraction.

Staff needs to pay attention to these things more. Isn't there a way for Hp to moderate this before it actually happens?

I would have thought that HP would have some preventative measure in place to stop it from happening, but so far, nothing that I can see.

It continues to happen from time to time, which leads me to understand that advertisers are not reading the rules of their contract with HP. It's that, or HP is using really stupid advertisers.

It's kind of a double standard to me. HP enforces the Advertisers rules with us the publishers but doesn't seem to do the same with Advertisers.

I hope it was an oversight.

Who knows at this point.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

No reply from staff? hmm

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ad networks serve ads from a wide range of sources, and the process is almost entirely automated. There is not a human approving/rejecting every ad served and despite restrictions being in place, it is possible that ads against our rules slip through the cracks. It's unfortunately the nature of the game.

Most publishers (including HubPages) work with several ad networks, which complicates matters even farther. That is why it is incredibly important to provide us with the most detail as possible when reporting these violations, otherwise it is difficult to figure out which ad network is responsible for serving the ad in question.

Thanks for being proactive about this Cagsil, but please remember to provide as much detail as you can and to email your reports to adops@hubpages.com.

working