jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Help, Question about Revising a HubPage I Published

1. LadyMar profile image61
    LadyMarposted 5 years ago

I published my first hub yesterday, unfortunately I realized that I had made an error, instead of 50 in the title, it should have been 40.  How do I revise a hub title and text that has already been published or can I?

I've looked around for an answer to my question and haven't found it.  Thanks!  :-)

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to "my account" and you should see your Hub.  You can click the "edit" button next to the Hub's title, and it will take you to the editing screen.  Then, simply click "edit" next to the Hub's title (again) and make your changes.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You can go to "my account" and click on "edit" next the to hub title. You can change the title and edit the hub by editing the heading and each text capsule.

You cannot change the URL of the hub though. You would have to scratch the entire hub if you want to change the URL.

3. LadyMar profile image61
    LadyMarposted 5 years ago

Thank you both for your replies.  I'll try it.  :-)

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Lady,

I just checked on your hub and your URL says 50? I hope you realize that your URL will draw people searching for the age 50 with regards to your topic, but will be disappointed when they reach your hub because your title isn't the only thing that search engines look for?

I'd recommend creating a second hub for the age 40? And, change the hub that's already created to talk about it in the proper age bracket the URL states.

1. mary615 profile image93
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I first started writing for HubPages, I had the same problem. I decided to change the title of my Hub, and the URL was completely different of course.  They very plainly advise that the URL cannot be changed.  So, I unpublished that one, and started all over again and got the correct URL.  If you have saved your Hub in your word processor, it won't be hard to do this at all.

4. privateye2500 profile image60
    privateye2500posted 5 years ago

How do I revise a hub title and text that has already been published or can I?

YES - you sure can!  It is right beside the topic of your hub.  Click on that and you can edit it - you can also put in your OWN title text instead of having the computer generate its own for you.

Melanie

working