jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

1. jean2011 profile image79
    jean2011posted 4 years ago

Would you describe yourself as a kind person?

I consider myself to be kind. I do not always give money to people, but I am always looking out for different ways to show kindness to those who I meet.

1. emrldphx profile image61
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I try to be kind to everyone. I give people the benefit of the doubt and try to help where I can.

In a discussion, however, I'm not very kind to people who don't show respect to others smile

jean2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is always a wise thing to give people the benefit of the doubt because you can never tell if the needs are for real.

2. 0
      icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt many people see themselves as unkind but some people certainly do more for charity and family and friends than others. I like to think I look out for family and friends when I need me. I also donate to charity from time to time. I would like to do more, maybe donating some of my time to charitable causes, but it's not always easy to find a regular time that Im available to help.

jean2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are right, I thing it is sometimes easier to be kind to friends and family members.

3. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would not describe myself in that manner. It's just one of millions of aspects of living.
      Interesting statement.

4. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I am a very kind person!!!smile

2. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 4 years ago

At last, a positive post.

Kindness is as kindness does.

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 4 years ago

I hope I am kind to people who need it most.

4. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 4 years ago

I try to be kind, giving and encouraging to others. I use my manners and open doors for people. I can not afford to donate money to charity so I donate my time. This past weekend I spent Saturday at a Girls Home where teen girls/mothers find refuge, love and support after being rejected from their families. I went to take pictures of the young mothers and their babies. Most of the girls do not have any pictures of themselves or their children, so I wanted to give this to them.

5. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I'm probably kinder than I really ought to be, so yes.  I'm kind.  That's not saying I've never said something that came out as "unkind" even if I didn't intend to do, though.   Kindness is kind of the only thing I "measure" anyone by (whether I'm "measuring" myself or others).

The one instance in which I'm not as "nice and kind" to someone as I ordinarily aim to be is when I see that someone's being rotten about, or toward, someone else.  I won't be cruel to them, but I don't feel really kindly toward them either (and it shows in my coolness toward them).  I figure, if they don't want to be kind to, or about, other people "apparently they aren't all that into the kindness thing" - so I treat them accordingly.  If they seem to get a little kinder along the way then I soften and get kinder toward them too.

6. GeorgiaSmith profile image59
    GeorgiaSmithposted 4 years ago

I am usually told that I am far too kind and that I should drop the "Mother Theresa" act, but I don't mind it. I like to help whenever I can.

There was a funny movie I once saw with my daughter, Bruce Almighty or something, I loved it when Morgan Freeman said:
    "ARK -Acts of Random Kindness"

Kindness just because is my favorite way to go, it has a way of coming back to you even when you're down in the form of a simple smile from a stranger or a little help from a friend.

I think the real question is, can we be kinder than we already are?