jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Using more then one article service

1. bodyandmind profile image61
    bodyandmindposted 5 years ago

Hi, I am new to Hubpages and article writing in general. My question are...

1. Am I ok to write articles on other sites?
    2. How if at all would this affect my hubs on hubpages if I use the same or similar content?

Thanks
    Tyler

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

You may write anywhere you wish.

You may NOT post duplicate content on HP.  This very definitely includes your own material that is posted elsewhere.  Even if you post it here first, then put a copy up somewhere else it will be removed from HP.

And welcome to HubPages!

bodyandmindposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wilderness,

Thank you for replying so just to clarify, I can post on other article sites just as long as the stuff I post is not the same as my hubs on HP? So I can cover the same subject just not copy and paste, is that what you mean?

Rgds
      Tyler

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is correct.

You might to want to consider using different keywords as well - otherwise your two articles will be competing with each other for traffic.

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

This will also get you great backlinks from different site and lift up your articles on the searches. Don't wait just do it.. you are on the right track.

Sofs,

Thank you for the pointers its exactly what I wanted to know, its one thing writing a hub but getting it noticed is a hole different game so I appreciate the advice, at the risk of sounding cheeky any suggestions on other sites I can use? I love HP as the format is easy to use and allows you to add images, adds and vids!

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wizzley, Infobarrel, Bukisa, Xomba, Webanswers, Thisisfreelance... there are plenty of revenue sharing sites out there.

4. Cyber Scribe profile image81
    Cyber Scribeposted 5 years ago

You can write articles in many different places, they just have to be unique content. Although the articles belong to you, what you write on each site shoudl be unique.

But don't spread yourself too thin. Have a decent amount of article on one site before you start writing somewhere else.

Thanks CS I may just take your advice and stick with HP for now see what kinda feedback I get from my posts if its not great then not much point going elsewhere.

2. HikeGuy profile image85
      HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good advice. I just started at Squiddoo and  have a blog and two niche sites in progress on top of freelancing fulltime. I signed up for Bukisa and decided to focus on increasing my content on my current projects before starting another one. It takes time to learn the details of each platform.

Bodyandmind -- HubPages is a great place to learn, with many helpful people. You can follow your stats and view how your hubs perform. I came back after a long time away, and I'm making progress in gaining outside traffic.

HG thanks for sharing your views I appreciate it fella, kinda new to article writing in general so always keen to listen to what others who have ventured before me have to say.
        I guess part of the battle is once the words are on the page you need to figure out how to get people to read them, not so easy if I do say so.

1. HikeGuy profile image85
          HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Quick tips: use the Google Adwords tool to find long-tail keywords. Keep your hubs on topic to your title. This can help with getting traffic from search engines. Lately I'm getting hits from Google, Bing and Yahoo right away.

I tweet all the hubs and run them through Pingler.com every time I update them. Recently I started adding my hub links in anchor text with summaries on Blogger. I sometimes leave a link in a comment on other sites -- if it's relevant. That's all I'm doing for promotion. My traffic is still small, but my outside traffic -- from sources other than HP -- has tripled in about a month. I don't do any artificial backlinking -- I don't think it's worth the risk.

On hubbing in general, check out hubs by Susana S and Sunforged -- there are many veterans with good hubs to get you started.

This one gave me some new ideas: http://barbara-kay.hubpages.com/hub/Unu … ee-Traffic

HG,

Thanks so much for the info it has certainly given me some food for thought. I will be investing time into the ideas you have kindly shared and maybe soon I too will be getting some SE hits ;-)

5. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 5 years ago

You might want to work on your spelling if you're going to be writing articles.

working