I think we should be able to personalise our accounts and profiles

1. 60
    penguinbuddy3posted 4 years ago

we should be able to add photos to our accounts and profiles, and put them as a background like on a message board, i think we should have a message board and i think we should be able to add friends

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

HP isn't a social networking site, it's a writing site.

You can add a photo to your profile, your followers show up, and anyone can contact you through your profile if you have set it.

I think that most of the writers here would prefer HP staff to spend their time working on ways to increase earnings/traffic or making it easier to publish etc, and there are already plenty of sites like FB

3. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Hi/ You can do that on a Blogger Blog already if you select layout and template you can tweak the look to make it your own.

HubPages I think the general idea is to produce pages that look like magazine articles. If you consider site navigation, as someone switches from viewing one article to the next I would think a level of continuity is important to the site. So the message board feature might not fit with that.

Once you start to build more hubs you will find the layout can be tweaked a bit but there are limitations on colors,type face, layout etc. and I think this is for the reason mentioned above.

Another reason might be that the ads here are one of the ways the writers and HuBPages earn. HubPages control the location of the ads. and would not want the layout of our page distracting from them. Our profile pics appear frequently on the site on the profile page, our articles and in forum posts.

The changes you are suggesting (message board/wall) sound like the ones used on social networking sites and although people communicate here in the forums it is a different 'fish' to Facebook.  You have 'follwers' on HubPages rather than friends.

More info. on Hubpages, is available at the Learning Center at the foot of the page it has lots of useful advice.